Hex is building a modern Data Workspace for teams. With Hex, you can explore, analyze, and visualize data using SQL and Python in collaborative notebooks, and then share your work as interactive data apps and stories that anyone can use. By providing new super powers and solving key pain points, we empower data teams to help drive impact and decisions.
About the Backend Engineer role
We're looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join as a member of our core team. You will have broad impact over the technology, the product, and our company's culture.
Our central product is a web-based notebook and app authoring platform built on top of Kubernetes and AWS, which we are building with an emphasis on reliability, performance, and security.
As a backend engineer at Hex, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing a Kubernetes-backed, scalable compute platform for running user code
- Securing and maintaining infrastucture to ensure sensitive data is handled responsibly
- Building and scaling caching and query services to ensure fast performance for user applications
- Maintaining a high quality bar for design, correctness, and testing
- Collaborating with other engineers and designers to help deliver a delightful end user experience
- Helping grow the team and build an intentional culture
We're looking for engineers who have:
- 3-5 years experience with modern backend technologies including Node.js, GraphQL, Postrges, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- A passion for shipping high-quality product that delights users
- Interest in the data products space, and a love of building tools that empower analysts to do more
- Curiosity about the bigger picture of building a company, including go-to-market, customer development, people, and marketing
It's also great if you have:
- Worked with other elements in our tech stack (e.g., React or Typescript)
- Experience in data analysis / data science, using, building, or integrating with modern technologies (e.g. Python notebooks, modern BI tools, data pipelines)
Caitlin Colgrove, CTO (firstname.lastname@example.org)