Hex is a modern Data Workspace for teams. With Hex, Analysts and Data Scientists can explore, analyze, and visualize in collaborative notebooks, and then share their work as interactive data apps that anyone can use. This gives Data teams new superpowers, breaks down siloes, and empowers organizations to be truly data-driven.
About the Cloud Engineer role
We're looking for an experienced Cloud engineer to join as a member of our core team. You will have broad impact over the technology, the product, and our company's culture.
Our central product is a web-based notebook and app authoring platform built on top of Kubernetes and AWS, which we are building with an emphasis on reliability, performance, and security.
As a DevOps engineer at Hex, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and maintaining the infrastructure used to run Hex in our multi-tenant, single-tenant, and self-hosted versions
- Implementing and maintaining internal tools to facilitate the development, testing, and building of the core product
- Writing code to automate processes for spinning up infrastructure, dev environments, and other tools
- Setting up tools to monitor infrastructure and product performance, stability and security
- Collaborating with core engineering to design and plan core infrastructure features needed to support the product
- Helping grow the team and build an intentional culture
We're looking for engineers who have:
- A passion for building high quality production grade infrastructure that inspires confidence internally and externally
- Experience with the core infrastructure products that Hex is run on including Kubernetes, AWS, and Terraform
- Interest and curiosity about the bigger picture of building a company, including go-to-market, customer development, people, and marketing
- At least 3-5 years experience as a Cloud engineer or similar role (such as DevOps, SRE, or Automation)
It's also great if you have:
Caitlin Colgrove, CTO (email@example.com)