TL;DR: This is an opportunity for an experienced Communication Designer to work closely with our founders, product, marketing, and sales teams to help communicate and visualize Hex's story. You might be a good fit to join us if you enjoy building thoughtful products, turning complexity into simplicity, and helping data teams do their best work.
Interested? Message Adam Storr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hex is a modern Data Workspace for teams. With Hex, Analysts and Data Scientists can explore, analyze, and visualize in collaborative notebooks, and then share their work as interactive data apps that anyone can use. This gives Data teams new superpowers, breaks down silos, and empowers organizations to be truly data-driven. We are looking for folks who are excited to collaborate with us in shaping the technology, product, and culture of our growing team.
- Ownership from pencil to release. You’ll have significant input into how we implement our evolving brand, voice, and strategy as Hex grows as a company and product, responsible for holding each iteration at a high bar. We strive to make each iteration as good as it can be, but always leave the door open to improvement.
- Flex across the spectrum. You'll have the opportunity to flex across layout, typography, iconography, and illustration. You'll be be involved in both Structure (systems, brand standards, and guidelines) and Surface (typography, imagery, and storytelling).
- Blank canvas. As an early member of the design team, you will influence design culture, processes, and the brand. This includes setting up systems and guidelines for all of us to leverage and build upon.
- Cross-functional. You will advocate for design through your work, and present cross-functionally while articulating your rationale. You will partner with Marketing, Product, and Sales to ensure our brand and customer experience is high-quality.
You would be a good fit if you have:
- An interest in technical and complex problems and tools
- Experience in owning projects from start-to-finish, shipping at a high quality
- A love for fast-paced environments
- A tendency to self-direct and lean on your own prioritization methods to get your work done
- A desire to proactively seek out qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and improve your designs
- An understanding that designs are always evolving and seek impact over perfection
- A growth mindset and want to help our team and processes evolve
Our current team is focused primarily on engineering and design. We're all working remotely, plan to do so for the foreseeable future, and will always offer first-class support for remote team members.
We're backed by great VC funds and angels, so we're able to offer competitive salary and meaningful early-stage equity. We also offer unlimited PTO, flexible benefits, a home office stipend, and more.
Though we're small, we value building a thoughtful and intentional company culture. We prioritize autonomy, quality, feedback, and bias toward action.
Adam Storr, Head of Design (email@example.com)