TL;DR: This is an opportunity for an experienced Product Designer to influence our design, product, and culture as a founding member of the design team. You might be a good fit if you enjoy building thoughtful products, empowering users, and helping data teams do their best work.
Interested? Message Adam Storr at email@example.com.
Hex is building a modern Data Workspace for teams. With Hex, you can explore, analyze, and visualize data using SQL and Python in collaborative notebooks, and then share your work as interactive data apps and stories that anyone can use. By providing new super powers and solving key pain points, we empower data teams to help drive impact and decisions.
- Ownership from pencil to release. You will flex across user research, strategy, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping. You'll be be involved in both Structure (user flows & wireframes) and Surface (layout, colors, typography, iconography), and be responsible for holding each release at a high bar. We strive to make each release as complete as possible, but always leave the door open to iteration and improvement.
- Beyond the typical. You will have the space to flex in disciplines outside of the normal day of a product designer, notably: communication design and frontend development. We're looking for contributions to our marketing efforts, and we love designers who can code up their frontends or dive into polish alongside engineers.
- Blank canvas. You are a founding member of the design team. You will influence design culture, processes, and the product. You will help establish the design culture within the company. As we grow, this will include hiring and mentoring.
- Cross-functionally. You will advocate for design through your work, and present cross-functionally while articulating your rationale. You will partner with Engineering to ensure our implementation and user experience is high-quality.
You would be a good fit if you have:
- A high technical acumen and experience designing for complex problems and tools (bonus for having designed data or developer-oriented products).
- Experience in owning projects from start-to-finish, shipping at a high quality
- A love for fast-paced environments
- A tendency to self-direct and lean on your own prioritization methods to get your work done
- A desire to proactively seek out qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and improve your designs
- An understanding that designs are always evolving and seek impact over perfection
- A growth mindset and want to help our team and processes evolve
- Familiarity with user research methodologies, have participated in user research and testing, and have experience building prototypes for testing purposes
Our current team is focused primarily on engineering and design. We're all working remotely, plan to do so for the foreseeable future, and will always offer first-class support for remote team members.
We're backed by great VC funds and angels, so we're able to offer competitive salary and meaningful early-stage equity. We also offer unlimited PTO, flexible benefits, a home office stipend, and more.
Though we're small, we value building a thoughtful and intentional company culture. We prioritize autonomy, quality, feedback, and bias toward action.
Adam Storr, Head of Design (firstname.lastname@example.org)