How does Hex integrate with the modern data stack?
Hex brings all your favorite tools, languages, and data sources together in one platform, from storage and compute, metadata & metrics, Code sync and workflows.
We have native connections to every major database and warehouse, a deep integration with dbt, version control powered by Github/Gitlab, and an orchestration API with pre-built libraries for Airflow, Dagster, and Prefect.
What are Hex’s main use cases?
From complex ML forecasting to critical business dashboards, Hex is flexible enough to support any data science or analytics project. Our users especially enjoy using Hex for exploratory or ad-hoc analysis, custom reporting, and classic data science projects like A/B testing, churn analysis, or fraud prevention.
What are Hex’s security policies and controls?
Hex is built on industry-leading security and privacy standards that keep our customer's data secure while connecting, querying, analyzing, and sharing. Hex is committed to helping customers of all sizes meet their data protection and compliance requirements.
What deployment models does Hex offer?
Hex has 3 options for deployment:
- Multi-tenant cloud, including separate HIPAA and EU stacks;
- Single-tenant VPCs, typically set up to securely peer to your existing infrastructure. These are fully-managed.
- Private-cloud deployments, where Hex is deployed to an existing VPC.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss which might work best for you.
How is data stored in Hex?
Hex stores all cell output data, including previews of SQL results, in AWS RDS, and uploaded files are stored in AWS S3. Data in RDS and S3 persists indefinitely until the associated project is deleted or a deletion request is made. Caching of SQL cell output data is opt-in, configurable, and stored in S3 for up to 90 days.
How does pricing for Hex work?
Hex offers four different plans for all needs:
- Community for personal use or students. Always free, forever.
- Professional for those just starting to develop their data infrastructure, and very small teams. $36/mo/user.
- Teams for professional data teams that want to collaborate efficiently and integrate with other tools. $75/mo/user.
- Enterprise for larger companies that require additional security, support and control.